The ANC and Sarawak Report want to send me to Jail

My final word to Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, the ANC, Clare Rewcastle Brown and Sarawak Report is: do your worst. We have both now crossed the Rubicon and there is no longer any turning back. And as much as they may try to oust Najib Tun Razak, he is still going to be the Prime Minister of Malaysia long after I come out of jail.

NO HOLDS BARRED
Raja Petra Kamarudin



The Anti-Najib Campaign (ANC) throughSarawak Report wants to send me to jail. They have sent me a legal notice and have given me a week to remove all articles about Clare Rewcastle Brown andSarawak Report from Malaysia Today.And if I refuse they are going to obtain a court injunction to compel me to do so.

After losing the battle in the court of public opinion, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, the ANC, Clare Rewcastle Brown and Sarawak Report now want to use the court system to silence me and to prevent me from writing.

This has happened a number of times in the past.

However, each time I was asked to remove articles from Malaysia Today I have always refused to do so. And this has resulted in me being charged and/or sued. I have been sued so many times that I have lost count, not to mention the numerous times my house has been raided and my computers, files, documents, etc., confiscated.

So they know that sending me a legal notice to remove articles from Malaysia Today is not going to work. And that would mean they would then need to go to court to obtain an injunction. And if I still refuse to remove those articles, they will say I have committed contempt of court, and then I would be sent to jail.

That, the ANC and Sarawak Report know, is going to be the final outcome to this whole thing.Further to that, they want me to publish an apology, which they will draft, and for me to give them a promise in writing that I will never publish any articles about Clare andSarawak Report again.

In short, I must agree to not only an apology but to a gag order for the rest of my life.

Sarawak Report wants the freedom to say what they like, whether what they say about Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak and Malaysia is true or not. If they are prevented or blocked from publishing, they will scream about how Malaysia is a dictatorship and how Umno does not respect freedom of speech and so on.

However, they will not allow me that same freedom and want to send me to jail unless I remove all articles about them from Malaysian

Today, issue an apology, pay a huge compensation, and agree to a permanent gag.If I do what they want me to do, then I will be admitting that they are right and that I am wrong.

And this would also mean everything they said about Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak is true as well while what I said about Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, the ANC and Sarawak Report are false.

In that case I might as well just publish a confession saying that Najib did steal RM42 billion of 1MDB’s money (or probably even more than RM50 billion) and that RM2.6 billion of that money (or probably even RM4.2 billion) was transferred to Najib’s personal bank account — because this would tantamount to the same thing.

This is absolutely unacceptable because then everything we have been fighting for over more than a year would in the end all have come to naught.

Hence, based on principle, I have to defend my position and not bow to their demands by conceding defeat even if that would mean time in jail.

While the ANC and Sarawak Report want me to remove articles from Malaysia Today, apologise for these articles, pay a huge compensation, and promise to no longer publish any articles regarding them on Malaysia Today, are they prepared to do the same?

They still insist that Najib stole RM42 billion (or maybe even more than RM50 billion, they now say) of 1MDB’s money while RM2.6 billion (or maybe RM4.2 billion) of this money was transferred to Najib’s personal bank account.

In the final analysis, that is what all this boils down to.

My final word to Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, the ANC, Clare Rewcastle Brown and Sarawak Report is: do your worst. We have both now crossed the Rubicon and there is no longer any turning back.

And as much as they may try to oust Najib Tun Razak, he is still going to be the Prime Minister of Malaysia long after I come out of jail.

Source:

http://www.malaysia-today.net/the-anc-and-sarawak-report-want-to-send-me-to-jail/
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment