MPPP Tow Trucks - Let the People Judge What the Truth Is

MBPP Councillor Dr Lim Mah Hui has denied accusations that he was lying about the number of illegally parked cars towed away by council enforcement teams.

He has released statements in Malay, English and Chinese, which can be found below:

On 12 March 2016, Penang Chief Minister YAB Lim Guan Eng issued a highly defamatory public statement accusing me of being a “hero with lies”.

In that statement, I was accused of “lying” no fewer than seven times.Prior to this unfortunate episode, I had enjoyed an amicable and respectful working relationship with the chief minister despite being his severe public critic. And I thank him for that.

All my criticisms were focused on his policies and based on factual analysis. I have never made any personal attack or rude remarks against him.

Trained as a social scientist rather than a diplomat, my criticisms may have been too direct and blunt and may have hurt his feelings. For this, I offer my apologies.

Cars towed per month

The controversy arose because I said the Penang’s City Council enforcement staff towed only one or two cars a month, whereas the mayor said 500-600 cars were towed a month.

How to reconcile these different sets of numbers?

Click here for the rest of the post which also features the exchange between LGE and Dr. Lim Mah Hui.

Previous statement:


Tow-truck Controversy: Mah Hui Responds to CM and Mayor



Open Letter to the Chief Minister of Penang, the Datuk Bandar and the Setiausaha of MBPP:

Dear YAB Lim Guan Eng, Chief Minister of Penang, Datuk Patahiyah bte Ismail, Datuk Bandar MBPP, and Ir Ang Aing Thye, Setiausaha, MBPP

It is with deep regret and dismay that I read the public statements in the Star and on Facebook by yourselves taking issue with what I said at the open dialogue with the Chief Minister on 29 February 2016.

It is most unfortunate and unbecoming to call me a liar when you have not heard my side of the story. The professional thing to do would have been to challenge what I said and ask me to substantiate my statements which I am happy to do.
I have informed Datuk Bandar, I am away in Australia now and will be back the middle of this week at which time I will provide yourselves and the general public with all the facts and figures to back up what I said.

I believe the Council and I owe it to the public to know what is happening in accordance with the CAT principles that you advocate.

Sincerely
Dr Lim Mah Hui
Ahli Majlis, MBPP
http://penangforum.net/2016/03/14/tow-truck-controversy-mah-hui-responds-to-cm-mayor/




Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment